Peters Construction Corporation is seeking a Project Manager with the skills and experience to make sure every project we are a part of is a success for our clients, vendors, employees and company. As a Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to be part of almost every aspect of the construction process. You will get to work with a team that has experience and skill combined with a desire improve our approach so that we continue to serve our clients and our company for years to come.
We are an employee owned commercial general contractor based in Waterloo, Iowa that has been serving the Cedar Valley and Iowa for over 65 years. Peters Construction has been named an Employer of Choice in the Cedar Valley multiple times in the past 5 years. We have built a reputation as a preferred contractor in the area because of our commitment to helping our clients achieve their goals through high quality and cost effective work.
Peters Construction works with the best subcontractors and suppliers in the area as well as self-perform significant portions of many of our projects. We serve a wide range of clients from small business to non-profit organizations to large international corporations, with projects ranging from $10,000 to $15 million plus. Our recent projects include hospitals, churches, universities, restaurants, industrial facilities and more. Our goal is to serve each client and all our employees with skill, integrity and responsibility.
Project Manager Job Responsibilities
The Project Manager’s main role is to ensure that each project they are leading is completed with a high level of quality in a timely and cost effective manner. They will work closely with the project owner, design team, sub-contractors, suppliers and other Peters Construction team members. The Project Manager will be asked to participate in all aspects of a construction process from pre-construction to project completion.
Project Manager Essential Functions
- Ability to participate in pre-construction and project estimating process.
- Write contracts and sub-contractor agreements, as well as handle material procurement and supplier purchase agreements.
- Review and process project submittals for approval.
- Develop and maintain project schedule to ensure project completed as scheduled.
- Track and monitor job costs for labor, materials and subcontractors.
- Lead progress meetings with client, design team and other key stakeholders in the project.
- Maintain accurate project level accounting including change orders and cost adjustments.
- Collaborate with all the key stakeholders in a project to solve problems that arise and ensure they have the information they need in order to complete the project as planned.
- Facilitate the resolution of design changes and questions.
- Ensure job is completed safely and in compliance with OSHA safety regulations.
- Continuous development of skills, including but not limited to technology and leadership skills.
Project Manager Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Proactively identifies potential issues.
- Solve problems calmly and collaboratively.
- Willingness to receive and give constructive performance feedback.
- Manage time and competing priorities.
- Detail focus and follow through.
- Ability to use and learn current and future technology.
Project Manager Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management strongly preferred.
- Three years of experience in Commercial Construction is preferred.
- Experience with Sage 300 Estimating and Project Management is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Project is preferred.
Project Manager Travel
The employee will travel to a variety of sites over the course of a week and must have a valid driver’s license.
Project Manager Work Environment
This role involves a combination of time in the office working at a computer as well as travel to job sites where you are exposed to a wide variety of environments and climates.
Project Manager Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Project Manager Job Expectations
This is a full-time position which will involve approximately 50 hours a week, generally 7 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. Due to the nature of the job, the employee must be available on-call early/late hours to deal with delays, bad weather and emergencies at the job site.
Project Manager Other Duties
Note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.